Blaumer / Pflaumer
Johann Sigmund Pflaumer, son of Johannes & Anna Margaretha Pflaumer, was born in Richen on 16 February and baptized there on 18 February 1724. He married on 4 February 1749 in Schwaigern to Anna Catharina Frey, daughter of Johann Georg Frey & Maria Barbara Bach. She had been baptized on 5 November 1723 in Schwaigern.
Johann Sigmund Pflaumer & Anna Catharina Frey had the following children, all born and baptized in Schwaigern: (1) Johann Christian, born 22 November 1749, baptized 23 November 1749; (2) Johann Friedrich, born 14 April 1751, baptized 15 April 1751, died 15 November 1753; (3) Johanna Christina, born 7 September 1753, baptized 8 September 1753, died 18 October 1753; (4) Johann Gottlieb, born 26 August 1754, baptized 28 August 1754; (5) Johann Sigmund, born & baptized 17 October 1756, died 3 May 1759; and (6) Eva Dorothea, born & baptized 27 November 1758.
In 1761, the Pflaumer family arrived Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) with two children: Johann Gottlieb & Eva Dorothea.
While in Denmark, they had one additional child: Philipp Ludwig, who was baptized 10 September 1761 in Torning, Karup, Lysgård, Denmark.
Siegmund, his wife, and their children immigrated to Russia, settling in the Volga German colony of Dobrinka on 29 June 1764.
They they are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 9.
Gottlieb Pflaumer and his family (sons Johann Georg Ludwig, age 8; Johann Heinrich Christian, age 4) are recorded on the 1798 census of Dobrinka in Household No. Db38.
Georg Ludwig Pflaumer and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 48. Christian Pflaumer and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 123.
The 1850 and 1857 censuses of Dobrinka record this surname as Blaumer.
- 1834 Dobrinka Census (Households No. 48, 123).
- 1850 Dobrinka Census (Households No. 62, 160).
- 1857 Dobrinka Census (Households No. 68, 171).
- Clausen, Otto. Chronik der Heide- und Moorkolonisation im Herzogtum Schleswig, 1760-1765 (Husum: Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, 1981): 728.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1272.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db38.
- Parish register of Eppingen (including Richen) - LDS Film #1189090.
- Parish register of Schwaigern - LDS Films #1184789 & #2125560.
- Parish register of Torning in Lysgård - LDS Film #54037.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 315.