Johann Conrad Bock, a mason (Maurer), & Maria Elisabet [sic] Weigand, both born in the area of Waldeck, were married on 29 July 1766 in Pastor Bruns's house in Lübeck. The marriage is recorded in the parish register of St. Jacob's Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
Konrad Bock, a mason (Maurer), and his wife Elisabeth arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Hans Karholm.
Conrad Bock and his wife Elisabeth are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Konrad and his new wife Susanna are recorded on a list of Beauregard recruits on an appendix to the 1767 census (No. 20).
Descendants of Konrad Bock are recorded on the 1834 census of Zürich in Households No. 31, 32, 70, & 79.
The 1798 census of Zürich records Konrad Bock in Household No. Zr02. The 1767 census records that Konrad Bock came from the German village of Freienhagen.
[On the same ship with Konrad & Elisabeth Bock were Ferdinand Bock and his wife Elisabeth. They are also recorded on a list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767, although not on the list in close proximity to Konrad & Elisabeth. Recorded with them on the transport list is a daughter Maria (age 12) although she is not recorded on the Oranienbaum passenger list with them. Ferdinand & Elisabeth Bock have not been located in any of the Volga German colonies.]
[Christian Bock is also recorded arriving in Oranienbaum on the same ship with the other two Bock families. He is also recorded on a list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767, but not next to the others. The transport list records that Christian Bock died in route.]
- 1834 Zürich Census (Households No. 31, 32, 70, 79).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Zr02.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #274.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 353.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #7052, #7053, #7129.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #3862-3863, #4514-4516, #4599.