Mathias Boos, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and son Johann (age 2) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson.
Johann Mattias Boos and his wife Katharina Elisabeth are recorded on the 1767 census of Kukkus in Household No. 16. They had settled there on 26 June 1767.
In 1788, Mattias Buss and his family moved from Schäfer to Katharinenstadt. They are recorded there on the 1798 census in Household No. Ka026.
The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Albig in the Kurpfalz.
- 1834 Katharinenstadt Census (Households No. 9, 44)
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ka026, Mv2518.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 466.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3583.