Brickmann (Stahl am Tarlyk)*
Catharina Margaretha Brückmann, daughter of Clas Brückmann & Anna Margaretha Stupelfeldt [Stappelfeld], was baptized on 23 April 1766 in St. Peter Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
Nikolaus [sic] Brickmann, his wife Anna, and children (Anna Margaretha, age 12; Elisabeth, age 10½, Hans, age 7; Anna, age 5; Anna Gretha, age 1/6) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 3 June 1766 aboard the galliot Adler under the command of Skipper Paul Adolph Drath.
Claus Brückmann, his wife Anna Margretha, and children (Anna Margretha, age 15; Elisabeth, age 14; Hans Joachim, age 10; Anna, age 6; Anna Margretha, age ½) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Stahl am Tarlyk on 5 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 34.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Nikolaus Brickmann was a farmer while the 1767 census records that he was a turner (Dreher).
Maria Sophia Brickmann is recorded on the 1798 census of Stahl am Tarlyk in Household No. St55.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Nikolaus Brickmann came from the German region of Holstein. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Neu-Münster in the Holstein region.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Brickmann family among the Volga German colonies.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): St56.
- Mai, Brent Alan. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga, 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #3259-3265.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1348.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 212.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #677.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7262-7268.