Philip Bronn [sic] from Kellenbach in the area of Baden & Rosine Henrich, daughter of Melchior Henrich from Ruschberg in the area of Zweÿbrücken, were married on 19 June 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Anna Rosina Heinrich, daughter of Melchior Heinrich & Anna Margaretha Mohr, had been born in Ruschberg on 3 June 1740.
Philipp Bruhn, a farmer, and his wife Rosina arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard the ship Apollo under the command of Skipper Detlov Merberg.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there along with their new-born son Johann Adam in Household No. 104.
In 1794, Konrad Bruhn moved from Norka to Yagodnaya Polyana. Konrad Bruhn from Norka and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. Yp60.
Konrad Bruhn and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 87.
The death of Konrad Bruhn in 1840 is recorded on the 1850 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 135.
In 1794, Johann Peter Bruhn moved from Norka to Yagodnaya Polyana. Peter Bruhn from Norka and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. Yp81.
Konrad & Peter Bruhn, sons of Johann Peter Bruhn, and their families are recorded on the 1834 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 148.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Philipp Bruhn came from the German district of Kurpfalz.
- 1834 Yagodnaya Polyana Census (Households No. 87, 148, 167).
- 1850 Yagodnaya Polyana Census (Household No. 135).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr127, Yp60, Yp81, Mv1992, Mv2000.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #702.
- Parish register of Büdingen.
- Parish register of Ruschberg.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 256.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5119.