Heinrich Burbach, a farmer, his wife Anna, and childen (Melchior, age 21; Johannes, age 18; Lorenz, age 11) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott.
Son Melchior settled in the Volga German colony of Kraft on 18 August 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 72 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Norka in 1768.
Melchior Burbach, his wife Maria katharina, and children (Elisabeth, age 4; Jakob, age 1) are recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 106.
Justina Burbach, widow of Heinrich Burbach, and surviving [step-]children (Johannes, age 18; Lorenz, age 14) settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 26 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 185.
Johannes Burbach, his wife Anna Margaretha [Fischer], and son Johannes (age ½) are recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 135 along with Anna Margaretha's parents.
Lorenz Burbach (age 22) is recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 121 along with his mother Justina and stepfather Friedrich Lehl.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Heinrich Burbach came from the German region of Isenburg. The 1767 census records that Melchior Burbach came from the German village of Burbach in the Isenburg region.
- 1775 Norka Census (Households No. 106, 121, 135).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr088, Nr111, Nr142, Nr214.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 411.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 278.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3655.