Georg Heinrich Buxmann was born 6 January 1717 in Überau, a small village southeast of Reinheim. He married to Elisabeth and they had several children, among whom was Johann Georg (born 19 June 1745 in Überau). Georg Heinrich died on 13 January 1760. His widow remarried Kaspar Axthelm, a sock weaver from Überau. The parish register in Überau records that Axthelm "took off for Russia in the night with his wife and 4 step-children, leaving behind many debts, a house, and goods."
Two of the Buxmann stepsons (Georg & Johann Jacob) settled in Müller on 16 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 12.
In 1796, Georg Andreas Buxmann moved from Müller to Schwab.
Johannes Buxmann and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Müller in Households No. 32 and 55.
Andreas Buxmann and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Schwab in Household No. 47.
- 1834 Müller Census (Households No. 32, 55).
- 1834 Schwab Census (Household No. 47).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ml35, Sb43, Mv1813.
- Parish records of Überau (LDS Film No. 1190556).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 178.