Erasmus Döll, son of Johannes Döll & Anna Gela Boss, was baptized in Altenschlirf on 19 May 1719.
Erasmus Döll married on 10 May 1740 to Elisabetha Catharina Kunckel, daughter of Johann Conrad Kunkel from Heckenbergheim.
The births of 7 children to Erasmus Döll & Elisabetha Catharina Kunckel are recorded in the parish register of Heckenbergheim: (1) Anna Maria, born 22 March 1741; (2) Johann Heinrich, born 3 October 1743; (3) Christian, born 25 January 1746; (4) Johannes, born 2 February 1749; (5) Anna Elisabeth, born 12 February 1751; (6) Johann Heinrich, born 2 April 1754; and (7) Johann Heinrich, born 25 February 1759.
Asmus Thiel [sic], a farmer, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Die Frau Dietrika under the command of Skipper Joachim Friedrich Luhn.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Walter on 25 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Households No. 34, 35, & 36.
Oldest daughter Anna Maria married in Germany to Johann Peter Steinmetz [See Steinmetz Family]. They also settled in the colony of Walter.
Younger daughter Anna Elisabeth married Johann Philipp Homburg [See Homburg Family].
The 1767 census records that the Thiel [sic] family came from the German village of Höhenbergheim [sic] in the region of Hanau.
Many translations record this surname as Thiel or Diehl, but it appears to have originally been Döll.
- Idt, Andreas and Georg Rauschenbach. Auswanderung deutsche Kolonisten nach Russland im Jahre 1766 (Moscow: 2019): 33, 34.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Wt019, Wt020, Wt021, Wt078, Wt094.
- Parish register of Usenborn-Bergheim (including Heckenbergheim).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 302, 303.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6063.