Peter Dieck was born in approximately 1795. He served in Napoleon's army and fought against the Russians. He was captured by the Russians, and in 1812, was settled in the Volga German colony of Stahl am Karaman where he is recorded on the 1834 census in Household No. 72.
He is recorded on the 1850 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 107 along with a note that he and his family had relocated to the colony of Dreispitz. Peter Dieck from Stahl am Karaman is recorded on the 1850 census of Dreispitz in Household No. 132.
Peter Dieck is recorded still living on the 1857 census of Dreispitz in Household No. 151.
- 1834 Stahl am Karaman Census (Household No. 72).
- 1850 Dreispitz Census (Household No. 132).
- 1850 Stahl am Karaman Census (Household No. 107).
- 1857 Dreispitz Census (Households No. 151 & 152).
- Belousov, S.V. "Prisoners of war of Napoleon's army in the Volga region: the arrangement, content, relationships with the local population." Bulletin of the Samara State University, No. 1 (Samara, Russia: Samara State University, 2006): 48-55.