Pankratius Dumrauf, son of Pankratius & Elisabetha Dumraus of Pausdorf, married on 16 April 1714 in St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz to Barbara Reinhardt, daughter of Conrad & Kunigunda Reinhardt. Among their children is Johann Conrad Dumrauf who was baptized 25 June 1721 in St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz.
Catharina Rudel, daughter of Peter & Anna Rudel from Ludwag, was baptized 14 February 1723 in St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz.
Johann Conard Dumrauf married on 21 January 1755 in St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz to Catharina Rudel, daughter of Peter & Anna Rudel from Ludwag.
The baptisms of the following children born in Pausdorf to Johann Conrad Dumrauf & Catharina Rudel are recorded in the parish register of St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz: (1) Anna Margaretha, baptized 10 February 1756; (2) Andreas, baptized 17 March 1758; (3) Margaretha, baptized 8 July 1760.
Konrad Dumrauf, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Anna, age 9; Andreas, age 8; Maria, age 7) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Heinrich Sager.
Conrad Dummerung [sic], his wife Cathrina, and children (Margretha, age 13; Andreas, age 10; Maria, age 7) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that father Conrad died en route.
Widow Katharina Dumrauf remarried to Georg Popp who had arrived with them in Oranienbaum and with whom they were traveling from St. Petersburg to Saratov.
The combined Popp/Dumrauf families settled in the Volga German colony of Hölzel on 11 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 9.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Konrad Dumrauf came from the German region of Bamberg.
Some documents have this surname listed as Dumerauf and Taumerauf.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hz16.
- Parish register of St. Kilian Catholic Church in Scheßlitz.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 111.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6155.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7636-7640.
Entry from the parish register of St. Kilian in Scheßlitz recording the marriage of Conrad Dumrauf & Catharina Rudel on 21 January 1755.
Source: Brent Mai.