Johann Jacob Ehrhard, son of Johann Georg Ehrhard & Anna Eva Hainer, was born 16 April 1721 in Groß-Bieberau. He married in 1744 to Anna Maria (maiden name unknown). They had the following children in Groß-Bieberau: (1) Johann Nicolaus, born 5 November 1755, died 3 February 1747; (2) Georg Balthasar, born in 1746, died 16 January 1747; (3) Johann Daniel, born 29 April 1748; (4) Elisabetha Catharina, born 10 May 1750; (5) Agnes Catharina, born in 1752, died 3 December 1815 [in Groß-Bieberau]; (6) Friedrich Balthasar, born 25 December 1754; (7) unnamed daughter, stillborn 28 January 1756; (8) Eva Catharina, born in October 1758; (9) Georg Henrich, born 21 February 1761; and (10) Georg Friedrich, born 1 February 1763, died 6 February 1763.
Wife Anna Maria died 6 January 1765 in Groß-Bieberau. Johann Jacob Ehrhard remarried on 30 April 1765 in Groß-Bieberau to Margaretha Barbara Dörr, daughter of Johann Siemon Dörr & Elisabetha Barbara Berg of Überau. Margaretha Barbara Dörr had been born in Überau on 21 February 1735.
Jakob Erhart, a farmer, his [new] wife Susanna (age 22), and children (Johann Daniel, age 20; Friedrich Balzer, age 14; Eva Katharina, age 11; Georg Heinrich, age 6; Christina, age 1) are recorded on the 1767 census of Bauer in Household No. 35. They had settled in Bauer on 20 July 1766.
Johann Daniel Erhardt and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bauer in Household No. Br66.
The death of Johann Heinrich Erhardt, son of Johann Daniel Erhardt, in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Schwab in Household No. 62.
Johann Georg Erhardt, son of Johann Heinrich Erhardt, from Schwab and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
Balthasar Erhardt and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bauer in Household No. Br26.
Peter Erhardt, presumed son of Jakob Erhardt, and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bauer in Household No. Br53.
Heinrich Erhardt, presumed son of Jakob Erhardt, and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bauer in Household No. Br54.
The 1767 census records that Jakob Erhart came from the German village of Groß-Bieberau.
- 1834 Schwab Census (Household No. 62).
- 1850 Schwab Census (Household No. 99).
- 1857 Friedenberg Census.
- 1857 Schwab Census (Household No. 99).
- Diehl, Wilhelm. Hessen-darmstädtisches Pfarrer- und Schulmeisterbuch - Band I (1921).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Br26, Br53, Br54, Br66.
- Ortsfamilienbuch Groß-Bieberau [Online]
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 125.