Michael Ernst, a farmer, his wife Maria, and children (Dominikus, age 16; Magdalena, age 12; Mattias, age 8) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766 aboard the galliot Der Jan under the command of Skipper Markus Dragun.
Johann Michael Ernst, his wife Maria, and children (Domenicus, age 16; Maria, age 12; Mathias, age 8) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
In 1796, Joseph Ernst moved from Brabander to Dehler.
The widow and children of Mattias Ernst (Dominikus, age 19; Anna Maria, age 16; Johannes, age 13) are recorded on the 1798 census of Brabander in Household No. Bn41.
The death of Dominikus Ernst in 1800 is recorded on the 1811 census of Brabander in Household No. 56.
The descendants of Dominikus Ernst relocated from Brabander to Wittmann in 1800. His descendants are recorded on the 1834 census of Wittmann in Households No. 10 & 110.
Johann Peter Ernst, son of Dominikus Ernst, is recorded on the 1811 census of Brabander in Household No. 56 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Louis in 1807.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Michael Ernst came from Luxembourg.
- 1811 Brabander Census (Households No. 41, 56).
- 1834 Wittmann Census (Households No. 10, 110).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bn41, Bn56, Bn57, Dl08, Mv0364.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5641.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #6934-6938.