Johann Heinrich Faber, son of Johannes Faber & Anna Maria Erckel, was born 28 September 1745 in Großen-Buseck.
He arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the galliot Anna Catharina under the command of skipper Johann Joachim Janson.
Joh. Faber and his wife Catharina are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Johannes Faber and his wife Katharina are recorded on the 1767 census of Ernestinendorf in Household No. 33. They had settled in Ernestinendorf on 3 August 1767.
In 1769, the Fabers moved to Basel. The family is recorded there on the 1798 Census in Household No. Bs22.
Descendants of Johann Heinrich Faber are recorded on the 1834 census of Basel in Households No. 20, 25, 27, 38, & 74.
- 1834 Basel Census (Households No. 20, 25, 27, 38, 74).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bs13, Bs22.
- Müller, Hanno. Grossen-Busecker Familienbuch (Fernwald-Steinbach: Müller, 1993 & 1999).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 403.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #5218-5219.