Johann Heinrich Flautung [sic] & Anna Maria Mull were married 12 June 1766 in St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
Friedrich Flatung and his wife Anna arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Johann Heinirch Flatung and his wife Anna Maria are recorded on a list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Johann Heinrich Fladung (age 22), a farmer, and his wife Anna settled in the Volga German colony of Susannental on 3 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 14 along with orphan Johann Heinrich Krämer (age 17).
The 1767 census records that Krämer is the stepson of Fladung, but based upon his age, this is unlikely.
Widow Anna Maria Fladung née Schäfer and her children (Franz Andreas, age 25; Johann Georg, age 20; Anna Dorothea, age 18; Katharina Elisabeth, age 13) are recorded on the 1798 census of Susannental in Household No. Ss05.
Michael Fladung, son of Franz Andreas Fladung, his family, and his siblings are recorded on the 1834 census of Schönchen in Households No. 68, 70, 87, & 108.
The 1767 census records that Johann Heinrich Fladung came from the German village of Hembach.
- 1834 Schönchen Census (Households No. 68, 70, 87, & 108).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ss05.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #5175-5176.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #78.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 262.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #4464.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #6144-6145.