In the parish records of Fränkisch-Crumbach, Johann Adam Fröhlich from Kirch-Beerfurth (3 kilometers south of Fränkisch-Crumbach) with his wife and children are included in a list of immigrants leaving for Russia.
Johann Adam Frölich had been born on 12 December 1739 in Eberbach, and married there on 25 April 1762 to Anna Barbara Hofferber, daughter of Hanss Leonhard Hofferber & Anna Elisabeth Karg. She was born 16 November 1730 in Höchst and is a sister to Johannes Hofferber who also immigrated to Russia. The parish register of Reichelsheim records the births of two children to Johann Adam Frölich & Anna Barbara Hofferber: (1) Dorothea, born 28 October 1762 in Eberbach; and (2) Johannes, born 31 July 1765 in Kirch-Beerfurth.
Johann Adam Frölich, a farmer, his wife Maria Barbara [sic], and daughter Anna Dorothea (age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard the Russian galliot Citadel on 13 September 1766.
Johann Adam Frölich, his wife Anna Barbara [sic], and daughter Dorothea (age 6) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
The Frölich family arrived in Frank on 1 September 1767 and are listed there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 92.
Johann Adam is still living in Frank in 1798 when he is recorded on the census there in Household No. Fk125. Daughter Dorothea has married twice by 1798 and is living with her second husband in Frank in Household No. Fk082. Daughter Maria Magdalena who had been born during the journey to Russia is married to Nikolaus Lautenschlager and living in Yagodnaya Polyana in 1798 in Household No. Yp30.
There are no known surviving male lines of this family among the Volga German colonies.
- Gieg, Ella. "Neue Erkenntnisse zur Auswanderung nach Russland 1766."
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk125.
- Mai, Brent Alan. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga, 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #7222-7224.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1280d.
- Parish records of Fränkisch-Crumbach.
- Parish records of Reichelsheim (LDS Film #1195016).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 433.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #5217.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8336-8338.
- Wolf, Heiner. Familienbuch Reichelsheim: 1643-1875, Band 1 (2018): 74.