Johann Valentin Fuchs was born on 11 June 1735 in the village of Altenbach in the Kurpfalz.
He immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) where he married Anna Maria Reitermann on 13 June 1760 in Altona. She had been born in 1738.
In 1763, the Fuchs family immigrated to Russia, settling on 6 October 1764 in the colony of Anton. Valentin Fuchs, his wife Anna Maria, and children (Maria Katharina, age 5; Johann Georg Leonhard, age 3; Johannes, age ¾) are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 38.
Valentin Fuchs and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Anton in Household No. An40.
In 1788, Johann Leonhard Fuchs moved from Anton to Lauwe.
Georg Leonhard Fuchs from Anton and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Lauwe in Household No. Lw31.
The 1767 census records that Valentin Fuchs came from the German Oberamt of Heidelberg in the Kurpfalz region.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): 410.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An40, Lw31, Mv0001.
- Parish register of Altona (LDS Film No. 0054037).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 64.