Adam Geist, a farmer, and his wife Dorothea Elisabeth arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Novaya Dvinka under the Command of Lieutenant Perepechin.
Adam Geist, a farmer, and his wife Dorothea are recorded on the 1767 census of Pfeifer in Household No. 98 [under the surname Heiss]. They had arrived in Pfeifer on 20 August 1767.
Dorothea died and Adam remarried to Maria Susanna Trapp, widow of Gerhardt Froshchauer of Köhler. Adam had at least three children born in Pfeifer: Maria, Matthias, and Jakob. At least the first two had to have been the result of the first marriage.
Susanna Trapp is recorded on the 1798 census of Köhler in Household No. Kl27 as the wife of Johann Nikolaus Freiberger.
Jakob Geist and his sister Maria are recorded on the 1798 census of Köhler in Household No. Kl03.
Mattias Geist and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Köhler in Household No. Kl46.
The death of Johannes [Mattias] Geist in 1818 is recorded on the 1834 census of Köhler in Household No. 95.
Johannes Geist, son of Johannes Geist, is recorded on the 1834 census of Köhler in Household No. 95 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Hildmann.
Johannes Geist from Köhler and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Hildmann in Household No. 2 along with a note that he had arrived from Köhler in Hildmann in 1825.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Adam Geist came from the German region of Mainz while the 1767 census records that Johann Adam Geist came from the German region of Orb.
- 1834 Köhler Census (Households No. 82, 95, 82, 117).
- 1834 Hidmann Census (Household No. 2).
- 1850 Hildmann Census (Household No. 10).
- 1857 Hildmann Census (Household No. 22).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kl03, Kl27, Kl46.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 400.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3883.