Johann Caspar Glockenhammer, son of Valentin & Maria Magdalena Glockenhammer, was born on 15 April 1721 in Hofheim. He married there on 10 January 1745 to Anna Barbara Gräser, daughter of Lorentz & Anna Maria Gräser. They have two known sons: Johannes (born in Hofheim on 29 May 1752) and Johann Adam (born in Hofheim on 19 Jul 1755).
This family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the snow-brig Der Merkur under the command of Skipper Johann Heinrich Abelmann. They settled in the Volga German colony of Kautz on 20 July 1767. They are recorded there in Household No. 14 on the 1767 Census of Kautz. Anna Barbara evidently died shortly after their arrival in Russia, because on that 1767 Census of Kautz, Johann Caspar is recorded with another wife, Maria Katharina, and her children from a previous marriage.
- 1811 Kautz Census (Household No. 29).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kz29.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 336.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3329.
- Parish records of Hofheim - LDS Film No. 134031.