There are three Groh families recorded from Leichtling. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) The widow and children of Sebastian Groh are recorded on the 1798 census of Leichtling in Household No. Lg08.
(2) Mattias Groh and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Leichtling in Household No. Lg31.
Gottfried Groh, son of Mattias Groh, and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Josefstal in Household No. 14.
3) In 1788, Johannes Groh moved from Leichtling to Pfeifer. Johannes Groh from Leichtling is recorded on the 1798 census of Pfeifer in Household No. Pf25.
- 1857 Josefstal Census (Household No. 14).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Lg08, Lg31, Pf25, Mv1532.