Philipp Heun, son of Neidhardt Wilhelm Heun and Magdalena Rausch, was born in Rommers in the Free Noble Province of Ancient Knights (Germany) on 1 May 1725. He married Katharina Limpert on 20 Jul 1748.
They and five of their children, Valentin, Nikolaus, Katharina, Georg, and Philipp, travelled to Russia. He arrived with his family in Oranienbaum, Russia, on 14 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Reders. They arrived in Frank on 1 September 1767 with the 3 surviving children.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk017, Fk025.
- Parish records of Gersfeld, Fulda - Archive of the Evangelical Church of Kurhessen-Waldeck in Kassel (Archion.de).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 439.
- Pleve, Igor. Hein Family Chart.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 407.
Edward F. Wagner