Johann Georg Henrich [sic], son of Peter Henrich & Catharina Kohl, was born 9 December 1706 in Soden. He married there on 16 January 1727 to Catharina Auhl, daughter of Johann Adam Auhl & Anne Eva Happ. She had been born in Soden on 4 October 1707.
The births of the following children to Johann Georg Henrich & Catharina Auhl are recorded in Soden: (1) Eva Dorothea, born 7 December 1727; (2) Johannes, born 21 December 1729; (3) Johann Adam Henrich, born 6 July 1732; (4) Catharina, born 29 September 1734, died 31 March 1738; (5) Catharina, born 2 June 1737; and (6) Johann Swibert, born 2 January 1740.
Johann Georg Henrich died 19 March 1775 in Soden. Catharina Henrich née Auhl died in Soden on 15 March 1772.
The marriage in Soden of Johann Adam Henrich (born 1732) and Ursula Borsel from Marborn is recorded in the parish register of Salmünster on 31 January 1763.
Anna Ursula Stock (later Borsel) was born 7 August 1735 in Marborn. She was the illegitimate daughter of Anna Ursula Stock, daughter of Johannes Stock. The mother Anna Ursula Stock married on 2 October 1742 to Johann Heinrich Bursel and the illegitimate daughter took his surname in later records.
The birth of a daughter to Johann Adam Henrich & Anna Ursula Borsel is recorded in Salmünster: Catharina Elisabetha, born 20 September 1765 in Marborn.
Adam Heinrich, a farmer, his wife Ursula, and son Johann[es] (age 3) arrived at the port of Oranienbaum from Lübeck on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love and Unity with skipper Thomas Fairfax at the helm.
Adam Heinrich, a farmer, his wife Ursula, and son Johannes (age 4) are recorded on the 1767 census of Hildmann in Household No. 14. They had settled there on 20 June 1767.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Adam Heinrich came from the German region of Fulda. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Salmünster.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hd09, Hd10, Hd28.
- Müller-Marschhausen, Ernst. “Russland-Auswanderer aus dem Bergwinkel um 1766 und die Spurensuche nach ihrer Rückkehr im 20. Jahrhundert.” [Online]
- Parish register of Salmünster.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 100.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1770.
Entry from the parish register of Salmünster recording the marriage of Johann Adam Henrich & Ursula Borsel on 31 January 1763.
Source: Max Weinbinder.