Michael Holmann, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and son Johannes [Michael] (age 1½) are recorded on the 1767 census of Volmer in Household No. 8. They had settled there on 18 July 1766.
In 1824, Joseph Hollmann relocated from Volmer to Schuck. In 1852, he relocated again to Marienfeld.
In 1852, Michael Hollmann relocated from Volmer to Marienfeld.
Joseph Hollmann from Schuck and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Marienfeld.
The 1767 census records that Michael Holmann came from the German district of Heilbronn.
- 1834 Schuck Census (Household No. 68).
- 1857 Marienfeld Census.
- 1857 Schuck Census (Household No. 77).
- 1857 Volmer Census (Household No. 136).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Vm11, Vm17.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 286.