Johann Georg Jäkel, son of Kaspar & Anna Elisabeth Jäkel, was born in Vonhausen on 1 December 1737.
Katharina Sorberger, daughter of Johann Georg & Susanna Sorberger, was born 10 July 1744 in Wolf.
Johann Georg Jäckel from Vonhausen and Catharina Sorberger, daughter of Johann Georg Sorberger, the school teacher (Schuldiener) from Wolff, were married on 16 April 1766 in Büdingen.
Georg Jäkel, a farmer, and his wife Katharina settled in the Volga German colony of Moor on 18 June 1767.
They are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 55 along with their 3-month-old daughter Maria.
Georg Jäkel and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Moor in Household No. Mo29.
Johann Georg Jäkel died on 27 July 1815 in Moor.
The 1767 census records that Georg Jäkel came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1775 Moor Census (Household No. 13).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo29.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #538.
- Parish register of Moor.
- Parish register of Vonhausen.
- Parish register of Wolf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 169.