Jakel / Jäkel / Jeckel (Balzer)
Johann Heinrich Jakel, son of Johann Jacob & Catharina Jäckel, was born 1 April 1722 in Dauernheim. He married in Düdelsheim on 27 January 1746 to Johanna Catharina Est(h)er Burbach, daughter of Johann Heinrich Burbach. She had been born in Düdelsheim on 21 August 1718.
The baptisms of the children of Johann Heinrich Jakel & Johanna Catharina Ester Burbach are recorded in the parish register of Düdelsheim: (1) Johann Friedrich, baptized 31 August 1749; (2) Heinrich Peter, baptized 29 September 1752; and (3) Anna Catharina, baptized 4 May 1758.
Heinrich Jakel, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Johann, age 20; Heinrich, age 17; Katharina, age 9) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard a packet-boat under the command of Lieutenant Pyotr Malinkov.
Heinrich Jakel, a farmer, his wife Anna Catharina, and children (Johann Friedrich, age 20; Heinrich Peter, age 17; Anna Catharina, age 10) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 55 along with a note that son Johann Friedrich relocated to the colony of Kutter in 1768. They had settled in Balzer on 18 June 1767.
Friedrich Jäkel and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Kutter in Household No. Kt52.
Johann Georg Jäkel, grandson of Friedrich Jäkel, from Kutter and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Rosenberg in Household No. 55.
- 1857 Rosenberg Census (Household No. 55).
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 28.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 83.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz001, Kt52.
- Parish register of Düdelsheim (LDS Intl Film #1201789).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 87.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1220.