Jacob Friedrich Gechter, son of Johann Georg Gechter (born 21 September 1705) & Anna Catharina Klein (born 17 May 1706), was born 11 August 1734 in Waldenbuch.
Jakob Kechter, a farmer, and his wife Anna Barbara are recorded on the 1767 census of Walter in Household No. 32. They had settled there on 25 August 1767.
Jakob Kechter and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Walter in Household No. Wt059.
The death of Jakob Friedrich Kechter, son of Jakob Kechter, in 1819 is recorded on the 1834 census of Kolb in Household No. 61.
Jakob Kechter, son of Jakob Friedrich Kechter, and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Kolb in Household No. 77.
The 1767 census records that Jakob Kechter came from the German village of Waldenburg [sic] in the Württemberg region.
- 1834 Kolb Census (Household No. 61).
- 1857 Kolb Census (Household No. 77).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Wt059.
- Parish register of Waldenbuch.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 302.
Molly Ann Rimerman