Johannes Lamm, son of Johann Peter Lamm, married in Niedergründau on 27 June 1765 to Anna Kunigunda Schäydt, daughter of Heinrich Wilhelm Schäydt from Wächtersbach. The births/baptisms of other children fathered by Peter Lamm are recorded in the parish register of Niedergründau: (1) Anthon, born 19 April 1742, baptized 21 April 1742; (2) Johann Georg, born 30 July 1743, baptized 4 August 1743, died 23 July 1744; (3) Anna Maria, born 3 September 1747, baptized 6 September 1747, died 22 April 1750; (4) Margaretha, born 30 April 1752, baptized 3 May 1752; and (5) Maria Elisabetha, born 21 June 1754, baptized 24 June 1754. The baptism of their other children of Peter Lamm have not been located in Niedergründau.
Peter Lamm, his wife Katharina, and children (Michael, age 21; Anna Margaretha, age 15; Anna Maria, age 13) along with Johann Lamm and his wife Anna Kunigunda arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 abord the Russian pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov.
Peter and his wife did not make it to the Volga German colonies, but their children (Johannes, Michael, and Anna Maria) arrived in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Households No. 54 & 56.
Johannes & Anna Kunigunda Lamm and their family are recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 203.
Johannes and Kunigunda Lamm and their family are recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr214.
[Anna] Margaretha Gries née Lamm and her family are recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr216.
Anna Maria Schneider née Lamm and her family are recorded on the 1798 census of Pobochnaya in Household No. Pb09.
The 1767 census records that Johannes Lamm came from the German village of Lorbach, but Maggie Hein reports that there are no records of this family in Lorbach.
- 1775 Norka Census (Household No. 203).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr214, Nr216, Pb09.
- Parish records of Gründau (including Niedergründau).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 243-244.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4033, #4034.