Sebastian Lauterbach and his wife Eva Susanna Fischer were married on 31 August 1747 in the German village of Niedergründau. The births of five children are recorded in Niedergründau: Maria Elisabetha (born 16 January 1751); Johannes (born 28 January 1754); Catharina (born 2 October 1756); Christina (born 25 October 1759); and Gertraut (born 16 May 1765).
The Lauterbach couple with all five children arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum, Russia, aboard the pink under the command of Lieutenant Moses Davydov on 8 August 1766.
They arrived in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 15.
Sebastian Lauterbach and his family are recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 200.
- 1775 Norka Census (Household No. 200).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr210.
- Parish records of Niedergründau.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 232.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): 275.