The marriage of Andreas Leykam, a farmer (Bauersmann), son of the deceased Martin Leykam, a carpenter (Zimmermann) in Sommersdorf near Ansbach, and Anna Ursula Hortmajer, daughter of the deceased Peter Hortmajer, mason (Maurer) in Markt Ennersheim in Franconia, both Lutheran, is recorded in the Lutheran Church in Wöhrd on 29 April 1766.
Andreas Leikam, a farmer, and his wife Anna Ursula arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Frei Gebruder under the command of Skipper Minzberger.
Andreas Leikam, his wife Ursula, and daughter Eva Maria (age 4, died en route) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Laub on 19 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 33.
Andreas Leikam and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Laub in Household No. Lb45.
The sons of Andreas Leikam and their families are recorded on the 1834 census of Laub in Households No. 37 (Johann Dietrich), No. 38 (Johannes), and No. 57 (Johann Martin).
The 1767 census records that Andreas Leikam came from the German village of Sommersdorf in the region of Ansbach.
- 1834 Laub Census (Households No. 37, 38, 57).
- 1850 Laub Census (Households No. 56, 57, 58, 99).
- 1857 Laub Census (Households No. 65, 66, 67, 68, 112).
- Funk, Wilhelm. "Deutsche a Is russische Colonisten: ausgezogen aus dem Wöhrder Traubuch 1766/67." Blätter für fränkische Familienkunde, 1:3 (1926): 101-107.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Lb45.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #779.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 27.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5791.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #6844-6846.