Johann Sebastian Litzenberger, son of Johann Adam Lützenberger & Anna Margaretha Spiss, was baptized on 17 December 1713 in Sankt Julian, near Eisenbach. He married there on 6 September 1740 to Anna Elisabetha Wildberger, daughter of Johann Peter Wildberger & Anna Margaretha Stuber.
They arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 along with 5 of their children, all of whom had been born in nearby Offenbach am Glan: Maria Margaretha (born 9 December 1741), Anna Elisabeth (born 27 July 1747), Johann Sebastian (born 22 February 1751), Johann Philipp (born 30 December 1753), and Johann Georg (baptized 13 February 1757).
They settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 59.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Yp55, Yp70.
- Parish records of Offenbach am Glan (LDS Film No. 493272).
- Parish records of Sankt Julian (LDS Film No. 193974).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 188.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6268.