The baptisms of two children of Hans Heinrich & Anna Catharina Lofink from Wüstwillenroth are recorded in the parish register of Lichenroth: (1) Johann Heinrich, born 8 January 1746; and (2) Lorenz, born 21 April 1753. [Maggie Hein reports that there are several men named Hans/Johann Heinrich Lofink living in the parish at this time, and two of those were married to women named Anna Catharina, so exactly how the ancestry continues beyond these two boys will require additional research.]
Eva [sic] Katharina Lofink and her two sons (Johann Heinrich [age not recorded]; Lorenz, age 13) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Strelna under the command of Lieutenant Sornev.
Eva [sic] Katharina Lofink (age 47) and her single sons (Johann Heinrich, age 21; Lorenz, age 18) are recorded on the 1767 census of Norka in Household No. 93. They settled in Norka on 15 August 1767.
Son Lorenz is recorded on the 1798 census of Huck in Household No. Hk41.
The death of Heinrich Lofink, son of Hans Heinrich Lofink, in 1808 is recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 80.
Johannes Lofink, son of Heinrich Lofink, is recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 80 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Warenburg in 1811 [sic].
Johann[es] Lofink from Norka and his family recorded on the 1811 census of Warenburg in Household No. 72 along with a note that they had arrived in Warenburg from Norka in 1800 [sic].
The 1767 census records that they came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1811 Norka Census (Household No. 80).
- 1811 Warenburg Census (Household No. 72).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hk41, Nr080.
- Parish register of Lichenroth.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 253.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4941.
Entry from the Oranienbaum passenger list (#4941) recording the arrival in Russia of Eva Katharina Lofink and her sons.
Source: Brent Mai.