Georg Neuwert (age 40), his wife Anna Sibilla (age 40), and children (Andreas, age 15; Katharina, age 11; Georg, age 6; Eva Magdalena, age 5; Martin, age 4) arrived in the town of Flensburg on 20 June 1763. They are last recorded among the Danish colonies on 24 April 1765.
They joined the migration to Russia in 1765 and settled in the Volga German colony of Reinwald on 14 July 1766.
Georg Neuwirth [sic], a farmer, his wife Maria [sic] Sybille, and children ([a] Andreas, age 18; Katharina, age 15; Magdalena, age 12; [b] Georg, age 11; [c] Martin, age 7) are recorded on the 1767 census of Reinwald in Household No. 28.
[a] Andreas Neuwirt and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Reinwald in Household No. Rw25.
[b] Georg Neuwert and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Dobrinka in Household No. Db50.
Johann Adam Neuwirt, son of Georg Neuwirt, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 72.
[c] In 1792, Martin Neuwert moved from Reinwald to Rosenheim.
Martin Neuwirt from Reinwald and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Rosenheim in Household No. Rm07.
The death of Martin Neuwirt in 1803 is recorded on the 1811 census of Rosenheim in Household No. 7.
Johann Jakob Neuwirt, son of Martin Neuwirt, is recorded on the 1811 census of Rosenheim in Household No. 7 along with a note that he had relocated with his mother to the colony of Reinhard.
[Johann] Jakob Neuwirt is recorded on the 1834 census of Reinhard in Household No. 35 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Katharinenstadt in 1824.
The 1767 census records that Georg Neuwert came from the German village of Merxheim in the Trier region. The Eichhorn research reports that he came from the German region of Lothringen.
- 1811 Rosenheim Census (Household No. 7).
- 1834 Dobrinka Census (Household No. 72).
- 1834 Reinhard Census (Household No. 35).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1164.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db50, Rw25, Rm07, Mv2412.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 37.