Johann Eckhard Richter and Anna Maria Oberritter, daughter of Lorenz & Anna Barbara Oberrüther, were married on 15 June 1766 in Büdingen. Anna Maria had been baptized on 31 March 1744 in Schlierbach (Brachttal, Hesse). It appears the original spelling of the surname was Oberrüther. Lorenz Oberrüther and Anna Barbara, the widow of Johann Fuchs, had been married on 26 March 1744 in Schleierbach.
Johann Eckhard & Anna Maria Richter arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 19.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #693.
- Parish register of Büdingen.
- Parish register of Schlierbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 233.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3791.