Ott (Stahl am Karaman)
Melchior Ott, a farmer, his wife Susanna, and sons ([a] Johann, age 20; [b] Michael, age 16; [c] Johann [Friedrich], age 12) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. Melchior died after arriving in Russia.
Widow Susanna Ott and her sons (Johannes, age 22; Johann Michael, age 16; Friedrich, age 12) are recorded on the 1767 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 30. They had settled there on 22 June 1767.
[a] Johannes Ott from Stahl am Karaman is recorded on the 1798 census of Krasnoyar in Household No. Ks115.
[b] Johann Michael Ott and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. Sk12. A note on the 1798 census records that his son, also Johann Michael Ott, is living in Saratov training to be a joiner.
The death of [Johann] Michael Ott in 1811 is recorded on the 1811 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 12.
Georg Heinrich Ott, son of Michael Ott, is recorded on the 1811 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 12 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Rosenheim in 1802.
[Georg] Heinrich Ott from Stahl am Karaman is recorded on the 1811 census of Rosenheim in Household No. 43.
[c] Friedrich Otto [sic] and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Rosenheim in Household No. Rm24. The death of Friedrich Ott in 1820 is recorded on the 1834 census of Rosenheim in Household No. 31.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Melchior Ott came from the German region of Dienheim while the 1767 census records that his children came from the German village of Querfurt.
- 1811 Rosenheim Census (Household No. 43).
- 1811 Stahl am Karaman Census (Household No. 12).
- 1834 Rosenheim Census (Household No. 31).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ks115, Rm24, Sk12.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 198.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2980.