Johann Heinrich Peppler, son of Johannes Peppler Junior & Anna Maria Roth, was baptized on 19 April 1707 in Helpershain, west of Lauterbach. He married on 4 December 1729 in Stockhausen to Anna Maria Hübner, daughter of Johann Hermann & Anna Sabina Hübner. Anna Maria Hübner had been baptized on 4 September 1711 in Stockhausen.
They had at least 10 children among whom were Johann Heinrich (born 17 December 1733) and Johann Konrad (born 29 October 1745), both born in Riedesel.
These two sons arrived together from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the galliot Johannes under the command of Skipper Stahl.
Johann Heinr. Papler [sic] (age 20) and Conrad Papler [sic] (age 20) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Hussenbach. Konrad is recorded there on the 1798 Census in Household No. Hs069 along with his family.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that these Peppler brothers came from the German region of Riedesel.
Another Peppler from Helpershain also immigrated to Russia, but her relationship to Johann Heinrich Peppler above, if any, needs further research.
Anna Elisabetha Bebbler, daughter of another Johannes Bebbler, was baptized 17 December 1710 in Helpershain. She married 8 February 1731 in Sellnrod to Johann Heinrich Dietz. They also immigrated to Russia and settled in the colony fo Walter. See Dietz family for additional information.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hs069.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 7000 & 7001.
- Parish register of Helpershain.
- Parish register of Riedesel.
- Parish register of Stockhausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6340, #6341.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8114-8115.