Georg Heinrich Schäfer, son of Johann Heinrich & Elisabeth Schäfer, was baptized on 3 October 1731 in Hitzkirchen. Anna Maria Kuhl, daughter of Conrad Kuhl, was baptized in Burgbracht on 22 June 1740.
Georg Heinrich Schäfer and Anna Maria Kuhl married in Burgbracht on 28 May 1761.
They had two children, both baptized in Burgbracht: (1) Johann Heinrich, baptized 21 May 1762; and (2) Johannes, baptized 16 May 1764.
Georg Heinrich Schäfer, a joiner, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott.
Georg Heinrich Schaffer [sic], his wife Anna Maria, and son Joh. Heinrich (age 4) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that Georg Heinrich died en route.
Widow Anna Maria remarried to Peter Kaiser. They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 26 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 191 along with son Johann Heinrich Schäfer.
The Kaiser / Schäfer family is recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr198.
Son Heinrich Schäfer and his sons are recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 199.
The death of Heinrich Schäfer in 1826 is recorded on the 1834 census of Norka in Household No. 293 along with a note that his son Peter Schäfer moved from Norka to Franzosen in 1825.
Heinrich's remaining son Konrad is recorded on the 1857 census of Norka in Household No. 338.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that the Schäfer family came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1811 Norka Census (Household No. 199).
- 1834 Norka Census (Household No. 293).
- 1857 Norka Census (Household No. 338).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr198.
- Mai, Brent Alan. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): A-11.
- Parish register of Hitzkirchen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 280.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3706.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #2461-2463.