Johann Heinrich Schau(en)berger, son of Caspar & Anna Schauenberger, was born 28 April 1727 in Neustall.
Johann Heinrich Schauberger married on 14 January 1751 to Catharina Schneider, daughter of Johann Heinrich Schneider from Oberrulrichsberg.
The births of the following children are recorded on the parish register of Ulmbach: (1) Anna Cunigunde, born 22 March 1751 in Neustall; (2) Johann Heinrich, born 20 December 1752 in Neustall; (3) Eva Elisabeth, born 3 May 1754 in Neustall; and (4) Johannes, born 20 March 1756 in Neustall. The birth of a 5th child is recorded on the parish register of Salmünster: Elisabeth, born 16 April 1760 in Marborn.
The parish register of Salmünster records the baptism of Johann Jacob Schauberger, illegitimate son of Anna Elisabeth Schauberger (sister of Johann Heinrich Schauberger), on 8 May 1763. He had been born in Marborn. Anna Elisabeth Schauberger died 28 August 1764 in Marborn.
Anna Schauberger, mother of Johann Heinrich Schauberger, died 10 November 1758 in Marborn.
Catharina Schauberger, wife of Johann Heinrich Schauberger, died 15 October 1764 in Marborn.
Widower [Johann] Heinrich Schaufenberger [sic], a stonemason, and his children (Anna, age 16; Johann Balthasar, age 14; Eva, age 12; Johann, age 8; Maria, age 7; Jakob [actually his nephew], age 3) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard a Russian packet-boat under the command of Lieutenant Pyotr Malinkov.
Johann Heinrich, Schuldenberger [sic], a farmer, his wife Maria Anna, and children (Johann Balthasar, age 16; Eva Elisabeth, age 13; Johannes, age 11; Maria Elisabeth, age 8) are recorded on the 1767 census of Hildmann in Household No. 21. They had settled there on 20 June 1767.
There are a variety of spellings to this surname in early documents, but this is the Schamberger family.
The widow of Johannes Schamberger and her children are recorded on the 1798 census of Hildmann in Household No. Hd05.
Balthasar Schamberger and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Kamenka in Household No. Km073.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that [Johann] Heinrich Schamberger came from the German region of Isenburg. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Salmünster.
- 1834 Hildmann Census (Household No. 54, 72).
- 1834 Kamenka Census (Household No. 28).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hd05, Km073.
- Müller-Marschhausen, Ernst. “Russland-Auswanderer aus dem Bergwinkel um 1766 und die Spurensuche nach ihrer Rückkehr im 20. Jahrhundert.” [Online]
- Parish register of Salmünster.
- Parish register of Ulmbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 102.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #1233.
Entry from the parish register of Ulmbach recording on 28 April 1727 the baptism of Johannes Heinrich Schauenberger who had been born in Neustall.
Source: Max Weinbinder.
Entry from the parish register of Ulmbach recording the marriage on 14 January 1751 of Johann Heinrich Schaubenberger [sic] from Neustall and Catharina Schneider from Oberulrichsberg.
Source: Max Weinbinder.