Johann Heinrich Schmück, son of Conrad? Schmück, was born 7 March 1717? in Grundau. He married in Lieblos on 16 January 1736 to Anna Margaretha Dörr.
The baptisms of their following children are recorded in the parish register of Lieblos: (1) Anna Maria, baptized 19 August 1739; (2) Johann Heinrich, baptized 10 December 1741; (3) [Sus]Anna Margaretha, baptized 4 December 1744; (4) Johann Just, baptized 26 July 1746; (5) Anna Elisabeth, baptized 11 June 1749; and (6) Anna Catharina, baptized 18 September 1751.
Johann Heinrich Schmück, a farmer, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Johann Heinrich, age 25; Anna Margaretha, age 22; Johann Jost, age 20; Anna Elisabeth, age 18; Katharina, age 16) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov.
Another daughter, Anna Maria Schmick had married on 4 April 1765 in Hüttengesäß to Philipp Röhrig. The marriage register records that her father Johann Heinrich Schmick came from Lieblos, Meerholtz. They had a daughter Catharina Elisabetha, baptized 4 December 1765 in Lieblos who died 2 May 1766 in Büdingen before they left Germany. The Röhrig couple arrived in Oranienbaum with the Johann Heinrich Schmick family.
The surviving children of Heinrich Schmick settled in the Volga German colony of Kutter on 16 August 1767. Daughter Elisabeth is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 73 along with her new husband Heinrich Niedenthal and her orphaned sister Anna Katharina (age 17). Johann Jost is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 74 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Grimm in 1768.
[Johann] Jost Schmick is recorded on the 1798 census of Grimm in Household No. Gm004 (erroneously as Schmidt in some translations).
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Heinrich Schmück came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gm004.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1217.
- Parish register of Lieblos.
- Parish register of Hüttengesäß.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 494.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4007.