There are several Schneider families from the German village of Düdelsheim that settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer. Their relationship to each other, if any, requires further research.
(1) Johann Conrad Schneider, son of Johannes Schneider, was baptized 9 April 1741 in Düdelsheim.
The marriage of Conrad Schneider & Anna Margaretha Triller is recorded in the parish register of the Lutheran Church in Büdingen.
Konrad Schneider, a farmer, his wife Anna, and his mother[-in-law] Anna [Triller] arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766.
Konrad settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 1 July 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 76 along with his wife Anna Barbara [sic] and her mother Margaretha Triller.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Konrad Schneider came from the German region of Isenburg.
(2) Johann Heinrich Schneider, son of Johann Peter & Gertraut Schneider, was baptized 24 June 1736 in Düdelsheim. He married there on 4 December 1760 to Anna Catharina Rühl, daughter of Caspar & Barbara Catharina Rühl. Anna Catharina had been baptized in Düdelsheim on 16 October 1738.
They arrived in Balzer on 18 June 1767 and are listed there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 51.
The 1767 census records that Heinrich Schneider came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 26.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 87.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz003, Bz019, Bz034, Bz076.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #494.
- Parish register of Büdingen.
- Parish register of Düdelsheim (LDS Intl Film #1201789).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 86, 94.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3012.