Widow Maria Specht and her sons (Johann, age 21; Gottlieb, age 15) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 10 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Nikolaus Peter Pink.
Widow Christina Specht and her sons (Joh. Heinrich, age 21; Gottlieb, age 14) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Nieder-Monjou where Gottlieb is recorded on the 1767 census in Household No. 16 along with his stepfather Johann Sibelius and a note that they resettled to the colony of Biberstein in 1768.
In 1788, Gottfried Specht and his family moved from Rosenheim to Nieder-Monjou.
Andreas Specht, son of Gottfried Specht, is recorded on the 1811 census of Nieder-Monjou along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Katharinenstadt.
The 1798 census of Biberstein records Gottlieb Specht and his family in Household No. Bb12.
The 1798 census of Nieder-Monjou records Gottfried Specht and his family in Household No. Nm19.
The 1857 census of Biberstein records that Johann Philipp Specht and his family moved from Biberstein to Rosendamm in 1853 [1850 per 1857 census of Rosendamm].
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Maria Specht came from the German region of Zerbst.
- 1811 Nieder-Monjou Census (Household No. 19).
- 1857 Biberstein Census (Household No. 109).
- 1857 Rosendamm Census (Household No. 20).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bb12, Nm12, Nm19, Mv2455.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 188.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4341.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #5142-5144.