There are two Spomer families that settled in the Volga German colony of Beideck. Neither the Büdingen parish register nor the 1775 census of Beideck record their relationship to each other.
(1) Johann Peter Spomer & Anna Margretha Wagner were married on 10 March 1766 in Büdingen. They are recorded on the 1775 census of Beideck in Household No. 46. In 1792, widow Anna Maria Spomer married in Bangert to Mr. Steinhauer, and took her children with her.
(2) Johann Heinrich Spomer & Katharina Zinnerl married on 10 March 1766 in Büdingen. They are recorded on the 1775 census of Beideck in Household No. 45.
In 1797, Heinrich Adam Spomer moved from Beideck to Dönhof. The 1798 census of Stahl am Tarlyk records Heinrich Spomer from Beideck in Household No. St10.
In 1799, Jakob Spomer moved from Bangert to Warenburg.
- 1775 Beideck Census (Households No. 45, 46).
- 1811 Warenburg Census (Household No. 5).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bg02, Bd20, Bd44, Bd83, St10, Mv0212.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #399, #400.
- Parish records of Büdingen.