Hann Peter Stahf was born 6 December 1739 in Wallroth.
The parish register of Wallroth records on 21 January 1762 the marriage of Johann Peter Stahf & Maria Eva Schmidt. [Maria Eva Schmidt, daughter of Johann Caspar Schmidt, had been born 26 September 1736.] The same parish register also records that on 13 March 1765, on the way back from visiting friends in Niederzell, their son Nikolaus was born.
Hans Peter Staff, a farmer, his wife Anna, and son Nikolaus (age 1½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Peter Staff, a farmer, his wife Maria, and son Nikolaus (age 2½) are recorded on the 1767 census of Beauregard in Household No. 60. They had settled there on 7 July 1767.
Peter Staff, his wife Maria, and son Nicolaus (age 1½) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Son Nikolaus and his family are recorded on the 1798 Census in Beauregard in Household No. Bo25.
The death of Nikolaus in 1828 is recorded on the 1834 census of Katharinenstadt in Household No. 258.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Peter Staff came from the German region of Hanau. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Wallroth.
- 1834 Katharinenstadt Census (Household No. 258).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bo25.
- Müller-Marschhausen, Ernst. “Russland-Auswanderer aus dem Bergwinkel um 1766 und die Spurensuche nach ihrer Rückkehr im 20. Jahrhundert.” [Online]
- Parish register of Wallroth.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 192.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1513.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #1235-1237.
- Stahf, Jürgen. "Die Geschichte der Familie STAHF bis zum Jahr 2016." [Online]