Johann Adolph Steinbrecher, son of Philipp Peter & Maria Catharine Steinbrecher, was born 9 July 1722 in Groß-Zimmern. He married in Groß-Zimmern on 24 February 1743 to Maria Barbara Dietrich, daughter of Johannes David Dietrich & Anna Catharina Störger. She was born on 24 August 1715 in Groß-Zimmern. Barbara Dietrich was the widow of Johann Henrich Bernhardt. She had at least 6 children with Bernhardt, one of whom was Anna Maria (born 12 May 1738 in Groß-Zimmern) who married Johann Georg Henkel from Ober-Ramstadt.
Adolph Steinbrecher & Barbara Dietrich had at least 9 children, all baptized in Groß-Zimmern.
In 1762, the families (Steinbrecher & Henkel) immigrated to Schleswig-Holstein (Denmark) settling in the colony of Neubörm. On 3 May 1765, they disserted their contract to settle there and immigrated to Russia.
One son, Johann David Steinbrecher (born in Groß-Zimmern on 22 June 1745) married on 14 May 1765 to Eleonora Schneider in St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
The Steinbrecher family arrived in the Volga German colony of Dönhof on 21 July 1766 and are listed there on the 1767 Census in Households No. 10 (Adolf & Maria Barbara) and No. 23 (David & Eleonora).
The 1798 census of Galka records a Johannes Steinbrecher from Dietel in Household No. Gk15. He is believed to be part of this Steinbrecher family.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1635.
- Franze-Merlau, Christel Hechler. Familienbuch Groß-Zimmern (Roßdorf: Christel Franze-Merlau, 2016): 1368.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dh013, Dh042, Dh059, Gk15.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #12.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 343, 347.