Johann Michael Voigt, a farmer, was born in 1736 in Leutershausen, east of Mannheim.The family immigrated first in 1760 to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein)
He married in Schriesheim in 1760 to Anna Margaretha Stapp. She had been born in 1735.
Michael Ulrich Vogt married in 1764 in St. Michaelis Parish in Schleswig to Anna Margaretha Schultz.
They joined the migration to Russia in 1766. They arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 20 May 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Catharina Eleonora under the command of Skipper Peter Röder.
They settled in the colony of Anton on 1 January 1767. Michael Vogt, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Anna Barbara, age 7; Anna Katharina, age 4; Johann Peter, age ¼) are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 13.
The parish register of Sarepta records that a Barbara Feest [sic] from Anton received permission to relocate to Sarepta on 11 March 1782. She is believed to be the Anna Barbara Vogt recorded above.
Michael Vogt and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Anton in Household No. An03 along with daughter Katharina Vogt, her husband Eberhard Heintz from Kutter, and their family.
The surname is recorded on various documents as Focht, Voigt, and Vogt.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1727.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An03.
- Parish register of Sarepta.
- Parish register of St. Michaelis Parish in Schleswig.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 55.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #305.