There are two Werner families in Susannental. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) Johann [Heinrich Werner] (age 17) and his brother Nikolaus [Werner] (age 12) arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oraninenbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard the Love & Unity under the command of Thomas Fairfax along with their [step-]father Johann [Peter] Braun and family.
Heinrich Werner (age 17½) and his brother Nicolaus Werner (age 12) are recorded on a list of colonists being transported from Oranienbaum to Saratov in 1767 with the Joh. Peter Braunn [sic] family and a note that Nicolaus Werner died in route.
Heinrich Weiner [sic] (age 17), an orphan, is recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census of Paulskaya in Household No. 5 along with the Konrad Bischoff family. The 1767 census does not record a relationship between the Bischoff and Werner families.
In 1776, Heinrich Werner moved from Kind to Susannental. Johann Heinrich Werner from Kind and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Susannental in Household No. Ss03.
The 1767 census does not record from where Heinrich Werner came.
(2) Georg Werner, a farmer, and his brother Christoph (age 17) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Joh. Georg Werner (age 17) and Christian Werner (age 17) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Johann Georg Werner and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Susannental in Household No. Ss04.
There is a Johann Georg Werner of the appropriate age recorded as a single cloth weaver (Tuchweber) on an appendix to the 1767 census of Katharinenstadt in Household No. 40. The 1767 census records that this Johann Georg Werner came from the German village of Gönningen [?].
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Georg Werner came from the German region of Darmstadt.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ss03, Ss04, Mv1280.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 331.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 353.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4835, #5365.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #2930-2931, 5289-5299.