Johann Georg Windecker married Susanna Elisabetha Ehrlich had four children: (1) Anna Christina; (2) Franz Christian; (3) Anna Maria, born in June 1754 in Herrnhaag; and (4) Johann Benedict, born 26 September 1756 in Herrnhaag. Susanna died and in May 1762, Johann Georg remarried in Herrnhaag to Anna Elisabeth Wenzel, daughter of Conrad Wenzel.
Frantz Christian Windecker & Anna Catharina Koch, youngest daughter of the deceased Caspar Koch former subject of Lorbach, were married on 21 March 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Johann Georg, his second wife Anna Elisabeth, and the children from his first marriage arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766. The father and stepmother died in route to the Volga colonies as only the children are recorded on the 1767 Census of Walter: Anna Christina (married to Christian Diehl) and her sister Anna Maria are in Household No. 36 and Franz & Benedict are in Household No. 81.
Widower Franz Windecker and his sons (Franz Christian, Johann Peter, & Georg Michael) and their families are recorded on the 1798 census of Walter in Household No. Wt006.
Jakob Windecker, son of Franz Christian Windecker, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Walter in Household No. 204.
Peter Windecker and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Walter in Household No. 213.
Michael Windecker and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Hussenbach in Household No. 85.
- 1834 Hussenbach Census (Household No. 85).
- 1834 Walter Census (Households No. 204, 213).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Wt006.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #458.
- Parish register of Herrnhaag (LDS Film No. 1201842).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 303 & 313.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 247-248.
Patricia Gayol Windecker
Elena Vega Stehle