Johann Konrad Zisch, son of Johannes Zisch & Anna Maria Kraft, was born on 22 May 1739 in Gelnhausen, northeast of Hanau.
Johann Konrad Zisch, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Maria, age 22; Konrad, age 19; Martin, age 15; Johann [Christian], age 13) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 19 July 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Jacob Bauer. They settled in the Volga German colony of Schwab on 8 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 11.
By 1798, sons Konrad and Martin had moved to Galka and the widow of son Christian and their children were living in Grimm.
Heinrich Zisch from Galka is recorded on the 1834 census of Müller in Household No. 25.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Johann Konrad Zisch came from Gelnhausen.
- 1834 Müller Census (Household No. 25).
- Frey, Julius. "Auswanderung aus den Kreisen Gelnhausen und Büdingen im Jahre 1766." Geschichtsblätter für Stadt und Kreis Glenhausen. Herausgeber: Geschichtsverein Gelnhausen, 1965.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gk64, Gm027.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 129.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2621.